Thread Number: 9858
Need some advice - Have some Electroluxes to sell
|[Down to Last]|
|Post# 107524   9/3/2010 at 00:51 (3,329 days old) by chrisbus ()  || |
My collection has grown too large and I need to get rid of six of my Electroluxes! I just don't have room for them.
I found a Model G in great condition on my local Craigslist this week, but the guy had 3 other Electroluxes that he wanted to get rid of with the G. I couldn't complain too much since he only wanted $20 per vacuum... ;-)
So here's what I have to get rid of (front to back in photo):
1. Model XXX - Pretty nice condition, just a bit dirty and needs to be cleaned. I have the cord and most of the attachments. I threw the bag and filter away because they were disgusting.
2. Model LX - Looks good on the outside; just dirty and the aluminum/chrome is a bit pitted. I opened it up and there's some rust on the inside, as well as what looks like some calcium or mineral deposits. Not sure if water got into the vacuum or what. It's a shame, because otherwise it's a nice vac. I have the rug gleaner for this one as well as the tool caddy, which sits on top.
3. Model L (green) - This one is a bit rough and missing the electrical cord, but the guy I got it from (with the G) tested it and it works. Perhaps it could be restored?
4. Model L (white) - This one's pretty nice and might be a hospital model (?). There's a metal ID tag on the top with the name of a hospital. There are some scratches and scuffs here and there but otherwise in good condition.
5. Model XXX - This was an Electrolux refurb, as it has the hammer-tone blue paint over the old aluminum/chrome (some of which is peeling off). Body is in pretty good shape but there is a bit of rust on the inside and the runners (round) are rusted. Also missing cord but supposedly works.
6. Super J - This one is really clean and very nice overall. My only concerns are that there is some wear to the gold paint (it looks like the paint was applied in a very thin manner) with some minor scuffs and scratches here and there) and the plastic housing that is recessed into the body where the swiveling wheel sits is cracked a bit (but it doesn't affect the functionality of the wheel). I've got pretty much all of the attachments for this one as well as the gold power head that you see in the box behind the vacuum.
All of these should run. I haven't tested the refurbed XXX or the blue L, however again, the guy I got them from said he tested all 4 vacs and they all worked (his wife got all 4 canisters (the G that I'm keeping, the two Ls and the refurbed XXX from some place that sells movie/TV props). The other 4 I have tested.
So here's what I need help with: Are any of these worth anything? My plan is to take a bunch of pictures of them and list them on eBay. I know it's a pain to photograph them, list them and then have to pack and ship them, but I'd really like to try to recoup at least some of what I've invested in my vacuum collection.
What do you think? If there's any interest on the forum, I'm happy to take and send lots of photos and am even willing to take a video and upload it to YouTube so that you can hear it run.