Thread Number: 45084
/ Tag: 50s/60s/70s Vacuum Cleaners
What model of Eureka is this?
|[Down to Last]|
|Post# 467485   11/13/2023 at 15:39 by texbodemer (Mountlake Terrace)  || |
I found this ad from 1973, and am wondering if this Eureka model actually exists, or if it's a combination of two for the ad. It shows a basic model Eureka, like the 1401, but with a headlight, but no height adjustment, and printed Eureka script across the base of the hood.
View Full Size
|Post# 467538 , Reply# 1   11/14/2023 at 20:21 by Paul (USA)  || |
That could be the 238-H as my list indicated a 1972 discontinuance for the model (not necessarily the type, but as far as I know the Type H was the only 238 with a headlight).
|Post# 467539 , Reply# 2   11/14/2023 at 21:22 by texbodemer (Mountlake Terrace)  || |
|Post# 467576 , Reply# 3   11/16/2023 at 19:04 by Paul (USA)  || |
I have no photos, but here are some advertisements of the Model 238 over the years (I was unable to find any of Types -E or -EK). Interestingly, different types were manufactured simultaneously. Variations may have included hood enamel color or chrome, height adjustment (or none), cord length, headlight, inclusion of tool set, hand grip, et cetera. Some ads are more detailed than others, and unfortunately some include misidentifications such as the descriptions and/or line drawings. It always helps if several ads from different stores, newspapers, and months are located, so information can be validated or invalidated; but the database I reference includes a limited number of newspapers.
1. 1965 Jul 12 LAWRENCE JOURNAL-WORLD - 238-A
2. 1967 Jan 12 - SCHENECTADY GAZETTE - 238-A, 238-AK, 705, Princess, 745 Cordaway
3. 1967 Aug 29 TOLEDO BLADE - 238-D
4. 1967 Oct 11 - TELEGRAPH HERALD - 238-B
5. 1967 Oct 14 - PORTSMOUTH TIMES - 238-A
6. 1968 May 2 - DESERET NEWS - 238-H
7. 1970 May 5 - YOUNGSTOWN VINDICATOR - 238-F
8. 1972 Jul 7 - SPOKESMAN REVIEW - Eureka 238-FB & Tool Set 2625-A
9. 1973 Jan 18 - PITTSBURGH PRESS - Eureka 238-P