Thread Number: 44170
/ Tag: 50s/60s/70s Vacuum Cleaners
Electrolux Corporation & Electrolux (Canada) Ltd. Ads - 1953-2000
|[Down to Last]|
|Post# 459976   2/2/2023 at 13:41 by Paul (USA)  || |
Here are all the Electrolux ads in the women's magazine database at my library - including GOOD HOUSEKEEPING, BETTER HOMES & GARDENS, LADIES HOME JOURNAL, PARENTS MAGAZINE & FAMILY HOME GUIDE, REDBOOK, AND CHATELAINE (Canada). Enjoy!
Note: Sometimes the ads ran in more than one publication; although to save time I only indicated if it ran in more than one issue. I know that some of these have been posted elsewhere on the internet, but often they do not include a magazine &/or specific issue.
The first set:
1. Apr. 1953 BHG ad_New Automatic Electrolux
2. June 1953 BHG ad_New Automatic Electrolux
3. Dec. 1953 GH ad_Electrolux Model LX.p.1
4. Dec. 1953 GH ad_Electrolux Model LX.p.2
5. Apr. 1955 LHJ ad_Electrolux Model E.p.1
6. Apr. 1955 LHJ ad_Electrolux Model E.p.2
7. Oct. 1955 GH ad_Electrolux Model E - also ran in Dec & Mar. 1956
8. Apr. 1956 LHJ ad_Electrolux Model E & baby - also ran in May, June, & Sep.
9. Mar. 1957 PARENTS MAGAZINE & FAMILY HOME GUIDE ad_Electrolux Model E-A - first ran in GH Jan 1957
10. July 1957 GH ad_Electrolux Model E-A
11. Dec. 1957 GH ad_Electrolux Model E-A
12. June 1958 GH ad_Electrolux Model F.p.1
13. June 1958 GH ad_Electrolux Model F.p.2
14. May 1959 GH ad_Electrolux Model F
15. June 1959 GH ad_Electrolux Model F, Turbotool, 2-speed Home Polisher
16. Jun 1960 GH ad_Electrolux Model F
17. July 1960 Chatelaine ad_Electrolux Canada Z88, Z86, Z83, B10
18. Mar. 1961 GH ad_Electrolux Model G.p.1
19. Mar. 1961 GH ad_Electrolux Model G.p.2
20. June 1963 GH ad_Electrolux man & Model G - also ran in May 1964
|Post# 459977 , Reply# 1   2/2/2023 at 13:45 by Paul (USA)  || |
1. June 1965 GH ad_Electrolux man & Model G - Ladies' coffee convo.
2. Jan. 1974 GH ad_Electrolux Model 1205
3. Nov. 1977 GH ad_Electrolux Models 1401 Super J w_PN-4 & 1363
4. May 1978 REDBOOK ad_Electrolux salesperson, Noel McCarthy w_1401 Super J & 1363
5. Apr. 1979 GH ad_Electrolux Model 1401 Olympia One & 1363
6. Apr. 1980 Chatelaine ad_Electrolux Canada Model AP280 & Rug Shampooer
7. Apr. 1983 GH ad_Electrolux Model 1505 Silverado Deluxe
8. Oct. 1984 GH ad_Electrolux DJ cleaners 1521 DJ w_PN5 & 1522 Carpet Beautifier-Polisher
9. Apr. 2000 GH ad_Electrolux Model C134A Guardian - 75th anniversary edition - also ran in Oct.
|Post# 459978 , Reply# 2   2/2/2023 at 13:47 by Paul (USA)  || |
Didn't know that several floor care appliance manufacturers used Reynolds!
View Full Size
|Post# 459990 , Reply# 3   2/2/2023 at 16:57 by eurekaprince (Montreal, Canada)  || |
|Post# 459998 , Reply# 4   2/2/2023 at 19:28 by Paul (USA)  || |
You bet, Brian! I hadn't paid attention to the Swedish logotype - I think the corresponding logo was added in 1962.
I wish Electrolux would have advertised the updates and the ZB89-ZB87 line. Maybe it did in another publication that isn't in the database I used.
|Post# 460358 , Reply# 5   2/16/2023 at 13:43 by Paul (USA)  || |
I located some more advertisements from GOOD HOUSEKEEPING. The Model 1451 & PN6 were introduced earlier than I'd initially thought.
1. 1967 Sep. Model G
2. 1976 Mar. Model 1401 Super J
3. 1979 Dec. Model 1451
4. 1980 Nov. Model 1401-B Olympia One
5. 1985_Oct. Model 1521 DJ w/PN6 & 1522 Floor Pro
|Post# 460508 , Reply# 6   2/21/2023 at 14:38 by Caligula (Nutrioso, Arizona)  || |
|Post# 460509 , Reply# 7   2/21/2023 at 15:13 by Caligula (Nutrioso, Arizona)  || |
In thread 'Questions regarding Electrolux XXX,' reply 5 you posted the patent to the Companion, which was filed April 24, 1953. However, on the inside cover of the book it states "Copyright 1952 Electrolux Corporation." And the Companion is described on page 42. This means Electrolux produced the Companion prior to the time the patent was applied for 6-8 months later.
What is the importance? to check my age at the time. My birthdate is September 2, 1950, meaning I was two years and some months old, and I'm trying to establish a time period of when the lady next-door to me bought the one I now have. Yes, she left it to me in her will. Also establishes when she moved in. As I said, the date the book was printed will give me an instant answer.
|Post# 460600 , Reply# 8   2/23/2023 at 15:22 by Paul (USA)  || |
See reply #9 in thread 459851 (the one you referenced). I believe that is what you want.