Thread Number: 36757  /  Tag: 50s/60s/70s Vacuum Cleaners
Mystery Hose End........
[Down to Last]

Vacuumland's exclusive eBay Watch:
scroll >>> for more items
Post# 393243   6/15/2018 at 08:06 by fantomfan57 (Central Texas)        

I have had this for quite some time and forgot what tub it was in. I found it yesterday when I was going through the tub.

It was at one point, screwed onto a hose but I reused the hose.

The wording reads "INSERT THIS LINE UP TURN TO LOCK". Around the back it has a raised ramping protrusion for locking it into place. Does anyone know or can you speculate what vacuum cleaner this belonged to?

All responses encouraged.

  Photos...       <              >      Photo 1 of 4         View Full Size

Post# 393247 , Reply# 1   6/15/2018 at 11:40 by Kirbysthebest (Wichita, KS)        
Reminds me

Of the machine hose end for a Lux Upright.

Post# 393249 , Reply# 2   6/15/2018 at 11:44 by jrdavis (oklahoma)        
that's a tough one

jrdavis's profile picture
back in the 80's shop vac made a small model called "mighty mini" I've seen them with a white hose and a black hose. it'd be my closest guess. I'll let you know if I find any other info

Post# 393252 , Reply# 3   6/15/2018 at 12:59 by jrdavis (oklahoma)        

jrdavis's profile picture
wait- what does the side look like opposite the "turn to lock"

Post# 393269 , Reply# 4   6/15/2018 at 21:22 by Collector2 (Moose Jaw, Sk)        

collector2's profile picture
It looks to me like the machine end for an upright hose. It would go in a machine that was made similar to the Royals where you remove the front cover plate and take off the belt. I'm not exactly certain what machine though. (Possibly Royal hand vac?)

Post# 393270 , Reply# 5   6/15/2018 at 21:22 by fantomfan57 (Central Texas)        
That would be...

Photo #2. The graduated ridge snug up the hose to the machine opening.

Post# 393280 , Reply# 6   6/15/2018 at 22:12 by jrdavis (oklahoma)        

jrdavis's profile picture
kinda looks like maybe one of the old Hoover convertibles or old F&G style Eurekas? or some kind upright that used the plastic thing that went under the machine and covered the brush roll? looks like something from the 80s or early 90s

Forum Index:       Other Forums:                      

Comes to the Rescue!

Woops, Time to Check the Bag!!!
Either you need to change your vacuum bag or you forgot to LOG-IN?

Discuss-O-MAT Log-In

New Members
Click Here To Sign Up.

Discuss-o-Mat Forums
Vintage Brochures, Service and Owners Manuals
Fun Vintage Washer Ephemera
See It Wash!
Video Downloads
Audio Downloads
Picture of the Day
Patent of the Day
Photos of our Collections
The Old Aberdeen Farm
Vintage Service Manuals
Vintage washer/dryer/dishwasher to sell?
Technical/service questions?
Looking for Parts?
Website related questions?
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
Our Privacy Policy