Thread Number: 16
Carpet Nozzle advice...
[Down to Last]

Vacuumland's exclusive eBay Watch:
scroll >>> for more items
Post# 66   8/26/2006 at 15:54 (4,412 days old) by partscounterman ()        

Hey! It's great to be over here in Vacuumland!

I like to use my old Compact C-6 on the rugs once in a while, but find the original rug tool is a real b*&%# to push on my carpets. I was thinking about getting some other kind of nozzle to use,; maybe an airdriven type of thing.

Would there be a not too difficult way for me to add a power nozzle outlet to my machine? I was once warned about drilling into such a machine.


Post# 72 , Reply# 1   8/26/2006 at 17:19 (4,412 days old) by converto-skip ()        

I would get a turbo brush if I was you. Years ago I had a compact that I made a power nozzle for, I used an old euerka p/n and wired it up to a 110 cord and would plug it in the 110 outlet but my cord was really long so that I didn't have to keep unplugging it as I vacuumed


Post# 232 , Reply# 2   8/29/2006 at 00:22 (4,410 days old) by partscounterman ()        

Was at Kame-a-part the other day and was sort of tempted to purchase a cheesy Dirt Devil Vision or some darned thing JUST to get the cool looking rug/floor tool with nice little wheels and the matching air-driven power s'nozzle, but Dennis took one look and vetoed the whole thing. He pointed out what a cheap piece of plastic both those tools were and that they would probably fall apart right away. He doesn't understand that I merely wanted to play with those attachments for a while. I already know I will be dissappointed in any air-driven anything anyway.

I should just get a machine wired for a power nozzle....

Post# 233 , Reply# 3   8/29/2006 at 01:07 (4,410 days old) by swingette ()        

ive heard good things about these, David

CLICK HERE TO GO TO swingette's LINK on eBay

Post# 235 , Reply# 4   8/29/2006 at 01:11 (4,410 days old) by tolivac (Greenville,NC)        

Have you considered a "Rugrat" nozzle?-they make carpet nozzles as well as turbine hand held ones.these fit most vacuums.A good vacuum dealer should be able to get them.

Post# 236 , Reply# 5   8/29/2006 at 01:15 (4,410 days old) by swingette ()        

the one i linked to above is the *Turbocat*. same one tolivac is taking about. the smaller version is called *Rugrat*, but for floors you prolly want the turbocat.

Forum Index:       Other Forums:                      

Comes to the Rescue!

Woops, Time to Check the Bag!!!
Either you need to change your vacuum bag or you forgot to LOG-IN?

Discuss-O-MAT Log-In

New Members
Click Here To Sign Up.

Discuss-o-Mat Forums
Vintage Brochures, Service and Owners Manuals
Fun Vintage Washer Ephemera
See It Wash!
Video Downloads
Audio Downloads
Picture of the Day
Patent of the Day
Photos of our Collections
The Old Aberdeen Farm
Vintage Service Manuals
Vintage washer/dryer/dishwasher to sell?
Technical/service questions?
Looking for Parts?
Website related questions?
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
Our Privacy Policy