Thread Number: 35235  /  Tag: Recent Vacuum Cleaners from past 20 years
How would you suggest using a UK vacuum in the USA?
[Down to Last]

Vacuumland's exclusive eBay Watch:
scroll >>> for more items
Post# 379339   10/6/2017 at 13:15 (314 days old) by funnynet1231 (Maine)        

funnynet1231's profile picture
Hello. Recently I've gotten into the older hoover turbopower and purepower machines and would eventually like to add them to my collection. However, it's a UK vacuum and the plug's different. Is it as simple as buying a contverter plug or do I need to get a constuction zone converter box thingy?


Post# 379343 , Reply# 1   10/6/2017 at 15:05 (314 days old) by human (Pines of Carolina)        

human's profile picture
Short of having an electrician install a dedicated 220v receptacle, You're going to need a transformer / converter to plug in between the cleaner and your wall socket to step up the voltage to 220. These things can be found without too much trouble. Check Amazon or eBay.

Post# 379376 , Reply# 2   10/7/2017 at 10:28 (314 days old) by sptyks (Skowhegan, Maine)        

sptyks's profile picture



This is what you will need to run your UK vacuums in Maine:



Post# 379459 , Reply# 3   10/9/2017 at 07:23 (312 days old) by kenkart (Mocksville, NC)        
Its not a big deal to have

A 240 outlet installed, Tom Gasko had one in his house for his Dyson.

Forum Index:       Other Forums:                      

Comes to the Rescue!

Woops, Time to Check the Bag!!!
Either you need to change your vacuum bag or you forgot to LOG-IN?

Discuss-O-MAT Log-In

New Members
Click Here To Sign Up.


Vacuumland home
Discuss-o-Vac Forums
Vintage Brochures, Service and Owners Manuals
Today's Vacuum of the Day
Photos of our Collections
Vintage Vacuum Cleaner to sell?
Technical/service questions?
Looking for Parts?
Website related questions?
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
Our Privacy Policy