Thread Number: 34623  /  Tag: 50s/60s/70s Vacuum Cleaners
Hoover part what is it
[Down to Last]

Vacuumland's exclusive eBay Watch:
scroll >>> for more items
Post# 374093   6/17/2017 at 23:01 (306 days old) by Smow69 (Pryor Oklahoma)        

I got some hoover attachments at a thrift store this was in there what is it family said looks like something to change a lightbulb?

  Photos...       <              >      Photo 1 of 3         View Full Size

Post# 374096 , Reply# 1   6/17/2017 at 23:50 (306 days old) by Dysonman1 (Rolla, Missouri)        

dysonman1's profile picture
That is the blower Cupler. You remove the disposable bag from the Hoover, and place that over the tube. The hose goes into the other end of the attachment, when using the blower for inflating balloons, or blowing dust from inaccessible places. It is actually very rare.

Post# 374154 , Reply# 2   6/19/2017 at 10:17 (304 days old) by columbus (South-Africa)        

columbus's profile picture
The dimensions make me slightly unsure, however I agree with the previous post.

It is a coupling that you convert your Hoover into a blower by removing the paper dust bag, attaching it to the filling tube, hence attaching the hose and Bob's your uncle. This patent was more common amongst the Hoover Junior 1334 circa
1959. Also models that followed where the paper bag was fitted upside down. A bit of a mission to clean or change the bag though.



Post# 374162 , Reply# 3   6/19/2017 at 14:26 (304 days old) by gottahaveahoove (Pittston, Pennsylvania, 18640)        
Years ago,

gottahaveahoove's profile picture
that 'attachment' was included in your 'above the floor cleaning set'.
Yes. it went where the bag was. It created a blower effect for cleaning hard to reach places, ie: cast iron radiators, etc................ You'd find them with the early Convertibles.
I have one or two of them.
Other brands also offered a 'blower attachment' with their machines.

Post# 374166 , Reply# 4   6/19/2017 at 16:20 (304 days old) by Smow69 (Pryor Oklahoma)        
Thank you

Now i know thank you guys for response

Post# 375634 , Reply# 5   7/20/2017 at 15:41 (273 days old) by gsheen (Cape Town South Africa)        

gsheen's profile picture
In one repair shop I used to work in as a kid I they had a old Junior mounted on the side of the workbench with a similar attachment and it was used for blowing out other vacuums been repaired.

Love the cat photo bombing your pic, especially in photo 3

Post# 375636 , Reply# 6   7/20/2017 at 15:51 (273 days old) by vacuumlad1650 (Chicago Suburbs)        

This post has been removed by the member who posted it.

Post# 375652 , Reply# 7   7/21/2017 at 10:29 (272 days old) by kirbyvertibles (Independence, KS)        

kirbyvertibles's profile picture
i'll be dammed, I never knew or had forgotten Convertibles had these. I have one too and never knew what it was.

Forum Index:       Other Forums:                      

Comes to the Rescue!

Woops, Time to Check the Bag!!!
Either you need to change your vacuum bag or you forgot to LOG-IN?

Discuss-O-MAT Log-In

New Members
Click Here To Sign Up.


Vacuumland home
Discuss-o-Vac Forums
Vintage Brochures, Service and Owners Manuals
Today's Vacuum of the Day
Photos of our Collections
Vintage Vacuum Cleaner to sell?
Technical/service questions?
Looking for Parts?
Website related questions?
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
Our Privacy Policy