Thread Number: 34195  /  Tag: 50s/60s/70s Vacuum Cleaners
Whats this Vorwerk attatchment?
[Down to Last]

Vacuumland's exclusive eBay Watch:
scroll >>> for more items
Post# 370571   4/12/2017 at 15:31 (437 days old) by hooverkid (PA,USA)        

hooverkid's profile picture
By the way it look on the eBay listing I had thought it was a crevice tool but I think I was wrong. Anyone know what it does?

  Photos...       <              >      Photo 1 of 4         View Full Size

Post# 370603 , Reply# 1   4/12/2017 at 21:21 (436 days old) by eurekaprince (Montreal, Canada)        

eurekaprince's profile picture
I wonder if that might be a short handle for a Vorwerk handvac. It looks like the narrow end takes a German power cord, and the wider end plugs into the handvac. Or maybe this helps convert a classic Vorwerk upright into a shorter handvac. Just my guesses.

Post# 370672 , Reply# 2   4/14/2017 at 05:39 (435 days old) by tommymilan (milano)        

tommymilan's profile picture
Hello, I needed to think a little about it but I came out with a possible solution: that adapter was meant to replace tha main telescopic handle of a german Vorwerk vk 120, and allow to connect the electric portable handle that was provided with the original "Polster boy" whan it had to be used not connected to the vacuum cleaner in the upholstery shampooing mode. This would have allowed Handling the unit with it, I don't know for which purpose. In Italy Vorwerk vk 12o was designed with a three-piece handle: the lower one was green plastic and had lower cord hook and, power switch, and cord attached, mid steel handle and plastic handle grip with upper cord hook. When using the cleaner with attachments you would remove upper handle so you didn't need anything else. A side handle with shoulder strap could be easily fitted. On German model the handle came in one piece, telescopic, with power switch at figertip on the handle grip and power cord coming out of the handle. None of the instruction manuals in my possess show this adapter!
Greetings, Tommy

Post# 370674 , Reply# 3   4/14/2017 at 06:44 (435 days old) by eurekaprince (Montreal, Canada)        

eurekaprince's profile picture
Haha, Tommy! Your explanation makes sense...this is some sort of handle that allows the user to use some specific tool for an adaptable Vorwerk system. I will look up the Polsterboy and see if any videos show it being used with this green handle. Grazie!!! :-)

Post# 370675 , Reply# 4   4/14/2017 at 07:07 (435 days old) by eurekaprince (Montreal, Canada)        

eurekaprince's profile picture
Indeed, this green attachment fits a Vorwerk Polsterboy 410. It is used when you want to use the Polsterboy (love that name! Upholstery+Poster Boy) to rub in dry cleaning powder like Kobosan. Since you don't need the electrified suction hose for this procedure, Vorwerk gives you a way to do it without the hose! Attach the wide end of this adapter to the Polsterboy, then plug in the power cord on the other end and away you go!

Post# 370764 , Reply# 5   4/15/2017 at 03:48 (434 days old) by tommymilan (milano)        

tommymilan's profile picture
that adapter is not for using the polsterboy on its own for that purpose, it something for allowing the electric cord of polsterboy pb430 on a vacuum cleaner vk 120. Quite Tricky! No literature or videos at all! Let's make it!

  View Full Size

Forum Index:       Other Forums:                      

Comes to the Rescue!

Woops, Time to Check the Bag!!!
Either you need to change your vacuum bag or you forgot to LOG-IN?

Discuss-O-MAT Log-In

New Members
Click Here To Sign Up.


Vacuumland home
Discuss-o-Vac Forums
Vintage Brochures, Service and Owners Manuals
Today's Vacuum of the Day
Photos of our Collections
Vintage Vacuum Cleaner to sell?
Technical/service questions?
Looking for Parts?
Website related questions?
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
Our Privacy Policy